STATEMENT OF DOCTRINE
Covenant Christian School is an interdenominational institution.
1. The Holy Spirit did so inspire, guide and move the writers of the Holy Scriptures as to keep the original writings free from all error, that the existing manuscripts and translations, excepting radically liberal versions, are so free from later corruptions as to be properly regarded as the supreme and final authority in faith and life. II Timothy 3:16; II Peter 1:21
2. There is one God existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, co-equal and co-eternal.
Deut. 6:4; I John 5:7; Matt. 3:16-17; John 1:14, 18; John 15:26
3. Man was created in the image of God, that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death but also that spiritual death which is separation from God: and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature and, in the case of those who reach moral responsibility, become sinners in thought, word and deed. Gen. 1:27; Gen. 2:17; Romans 5:12, 15-19
4. Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary and is true God and true man. Luke 1:27,31,35
5. The Lord Jesus died for our sins, according to the Scriptures, as our substitute to satisfy divine justice, and that all who believe on Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood. Rom. 5:19; Heb. 9:14,16; 10:14; Eph. 5:2; Rom. 3:25,26
6. On the third day after His crucifixion, our Lord Jesus Christ rose again from the dead with the same body in which He suffered with which he also ascended into heaven and there sits at the right hand of the Father making intercession for the saints. I Cor. 15:3-5; John 20:25,27; Mark 16:19; Rom. 8:34
7. The Lord Jesus Christ showed His power and love by working mighty miracles.
8. Our Lord Jesus Christ will in future history return bodily to this world. Rom. 14:9-10; Acts 1:11
9. There shall be a future day of resurrection in which both the redeemed and the damned shall be raised from the dead, the redeemed to enjoy the estate of eternal blessedness and the damned to suffer the eternal torment of retribution. Acts 17:31; II Cor. 5:10; Ecc.12:14; Rom. 2:16; Matt. 25:31; Rom. 2:5-6; Matt. 25:21
The doctrines are derived from the Westminster Confession of Faith together with the Larger and Shorter Catechisms of the Presbyterian Faith.